Research Through Design: Climate Change Habitability Index (CCHI)
Design an interactive system that allows general public to understand the state of the world in terms of sustainability at particular places
- Worked with my advisor and researchers from University of California Irvine in this project.
- Design and sketch out an initial version of CCHI
- Conduct secondary research on possible data sources that can be used to develop interactive systems like CCHI.
- Develop design concepts and scenarios of possible usage of CCHI
- Literature Review, Sketching, Concept Generating
- Tomlinson, B., Patterson, D.J., Pan, Y., Blevis, E., Nardi, B., Silberman, S., Norton, J., and Joseph J. LaViola, Jr.. 2012. What if sustainability doesn't work out?. interactions 19, 6 (November 2012), 50-55.
- Tomlinson, B., Silberman, S., Patterson, D., Pan, Y. & Blevis, E. (2012). Collapse informatics: augmenting the sustainability & ICT4D discourse in HCI. In proceedings of SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. Austin, Taxas, USA. CHI'12., May 5-10, 2012.*Nominated for best paper*
- Pan, Y., Cheong, C., & Blevis, E. (2010). The climate change habitability index. interactions 17, 6 (November 2010), 29-33.