Survey & Interview: Fashion Thinking and Interaction Design
Explore the role of fashion in affecting designers’ design thinking and design practices
Understand how designers apply fashion thinking in solving design problems.
- Collect examples of fashionable designs.
- Worked with advisor and HCI researchers in this project.
- Created the research protocol, interview questions.
- Conducted 35 surveys and 20 interviews with designers.
- Performed qualitative data analysis.
- Interview, survey, affinity diagram, ground theory
- Fashion represents designers’ unique design perspectives.
- Fashion pushes designers to learn and try new things.
- Fashion plays an important role in different design stages, including user research, design iteration, prototyping etc.
- Fashion can be used in design to help solve design problems.